To ensure proper compatibility and the best customer experience, High-Speed Internet customers MUST USE A PROVIDED RENTAL MODEM or YOU MUST PURCHASE AN APPROVED MODEM.
Approved Modems shown below are for Speeds UNDER 200Mbps download speed. Speeds at/over 200Mbps download require a Docsis 3.1 modem, which can only be rented from Blue Stream at this time.
Arris TG2472 (wireless) – Rental Only
The TG2472 offers the latest in wireless performance, with all the features of the DG2470 (below) for both high speed Internet and digital home phone products! This feature packed unit is intended to serve as the hub of the home network, connecting all IP capable devices (Internet, Data, Voice and Video) throughout the premises.
Arris DG2470 (wireless)
The DG2470 leads the future to advanced home and small office services. The DG2470 with its superior 802.11ac Dual Band Wireless radios, can deliver superior performance while also offering improvements in home coverage above that of other models. This feature-packed unit is intended to serve as the hub of the home network, connecting all IP capable devices throughout the premises.
Motorola Surfboard SB6141 (wired)
Motorola’s easy-to-use SB6141 SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem unlocks the potential of innovative high-bandwidth data and multimedia services. Motorola ensures top-quality data speeds over multiple channels for many users. It is easy-to-use and compatible with Windows®, Macintosh® or UNIX® computers. Available from most local and online retailers of electronics.
Motorola Surfboard SBG6580 (wireless)
The Motorola SBG6580 SURFboard eXtreme Wireless Cable Modem Gateway is both a modem and router! It delivers ultra broadband high-speed data, high-bandwidth home networking and security, all in one device. The Motorola SBG6580 SURFboard eXtreme Wireless Cable Modem Gateway features quick download speeds with secure and reliable Wireless connectivity. Motorola ensures top-quality data speeds over multiple channels for many users. It is easy-to-use and compatible with Windows®, Macintosh® or UNIX® computers. Available from most local and online retailers of electronics.
Motorola Surfboard SB6183 (wired)
The Motorola SB6183 will help you deliver innovative, ultra-broadband data services with reliable, high-quality products. The SB6183 gives the operator the ability to offer up to 16 bonded downstream channels for high-speed data peak throughput rates. The SB6183 Cable Modem provides high-speed Internet access on the home network via a single Ethernet connection.
1 Gig Disclaimer
How fast can I go?
A 1 Gig (1 Gbps download speed) internet connection is extremely fast. The power of a 1 Gig connection is not just meant to be used on 1 device like a computer. The 1 Gig connection is meant to ensure that all the devices in your home have enough bandwidth to support their applications, streaming and downloading needs. In fact, there are very few individual computers or devices that can reach a full 1 Gig download speed on their own. Think about it like the electrical power that comes into your home. It is shared by all the lights, appliances and devices in your home. There is no one device, light or appliance that can use all the power, but you need to make sure you have enough to power all of them.
With that said, here are some of the maximum download speeds that individual devices have. These speeds are the theoretical maximums and can be limited by a number of factors including, but not limited to: home network congestion, the physical connection to the network (e.g. WiFi, wired, etc), the speed of the website or host you are connecting to, overall internet traffic, other software or applications running on the device, or viruses and spyware.
For more information click here.
The Receive light on my modem is blinking
The receive light on your modem should be steady and indicates the downstream signal has been confirmed. If the receive light is blinking it indicates a problem.
Check all the cables and make sure they are secure.
- Unplug the power cord from the modem, wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in. Wait for the power, send, receive, and online lights to go steady.
Connecting a cable modem to a computer
- Connect one end of the coax cable to the cable outlet, and the other end to the back of your modem.
- Connect the power adapter to the back of the modem, and plug the other end into the wall outlet.
- Connect your PC by plugging the Ethernet cable* into the back of the modem, and then plug the other end into the network card in your PC.
*Only use Ethernet or USB Cable; not both. For more information on connecting using USB, please reference the modem’s driver disc.
Blue Protection Plan
Blue Protection Plan includes everything
Just $3.95 per month!
Blue Stream offers this multi-tiered solution to fully protect your computer and the wires in your home!
Stop worrying about Internet security. With SecureIT, we’ve taken the guess work and risk out of enjoying the Internet by safeguarding your computer. Not only is your computer fully protected from the overabundance of Internet security threats, it is also optimized to provide top-notch performance!
- Anti-virus. Real-time protection against viruses, worms and Trojans.
- Anti-spyware. Protect your privacy and keep your PC trouble-free.
- Hands-free security updates. No user interaction required.
- Personal firewall. Prevent hackers from entering your computer.
- Online Internet reporting. See important details for every security threat stopped.
- Hard drive maintenance and file optimization. Ensure your PC runs at optimal performance with disk defrag software.
- Web content filtering parental controls. Restrict access to unsuitable web pages.
1 license applies to 1 computer. $1.95 for each additional SecureIT Plus license.
File Hopper Plus
FileHopper Plus provides easy, automatic, and secure backup of your important data, the things that really matter to you. Never again worry about accidental deletion of files, hard drive failure or data loss.
Protect your files from:
- Accidental deletion.
- Hard drive failures.
- Lost data from computer theft.
- Data corruption and loss from virus/software threats.
- Use on multiple PCs or Macs.
- 5GB storage.
- Integrated 24/7 free live support.
Password Genie is a password manager that saves your website usernames and passwords, eliminates the need to write them down or store them in an unsecured document.
Eliminate “Forgotten Password” Hassles:
- Securely saves all your website logins and passwords.
- One-touch website auto-fill.
- Protect personal information like frequent flyer, prescription, and insurance numbers.
- Can generate hard-to-guess passwords for all your important websites.
- Use on multiple PCs or Macs.Easily imports your browser passwords.
- Integrated 24/7 free live support.
1 license pays for 5 computers.
Wire Rx is a maintenance plan that covers the troubleshooting and repair of all TV, Internet, and Phone wires inside your home. Avoid added repair costs on customer-owner wiring!
If you experience a problem, just call us and a local service representative will troubleshoot your problem or send out a skilled technician to quickly identify and fix the problem. Wire Rx provides hassle-free service resolution so that you can continue enjoying your Blue Stream services as soon as possible, for one low monthly fee. When you have Wire Rx, you won’t have to pay any extra hourly or incremental service charges for repairs covered under the plan:
- Unlimited covered service calls with no contracts.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosis of TV, Phone, and Internet service problems.
- Hassle-free replacement and repair of defective customer inside wiring.
- Hassle-free replacement and repair of cable jumpers, cable connectors, splitters and phone jacks due to normal wear and tear.
- Service calls due to customer education or customer owned equipment connected to your Blue Stream services.
- Confidence that if there is a problem with any service, Blue Stream will take care of it without charging a service fee.
Please see our Wire Rx Service Plan and Conditions for full details.
Wire Rx available a la carte for $2.95/month.
Some conditions/restrictions apply. Available for residential customers only.